G&K Services Ignites Lung Cancer Awareness Through “Maggie’s Light”
G&K Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: GKSR) will host Minnesota’s first ever Lung Cancer Vigil on Thursday, November 29 to honor a beloved member of the community and G&K employee, Margaret Stenger, who was recently diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer. This event will take place at G&K Services’ corporate office and will not only ignite awareness of lung cancer, but will also attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the longest chain of lit glowsticks.
Maggie was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer earlier this month. She is a non-smoker who is very conscientious about her health. Upon hearing the news, the company set plans into motion for “Maggie’s Light,” G&K’s version of the National Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil.
The Lung Cancer Alliance began holding these vigils four years ago across the country to help build awareness for the number one cause of cancer deaths in the US. Collectively they are the largest coordinated lung cancer awareness event in the US and internationally. Until now, Minnesota has not held a vigil event. G&K Services, in cooperation with the Lung Cancer Alliance and the American Lung Association in Minnesota, have partnered to create such an event. “The Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil is truly a grassroots effort that reflects the individuals involved,” said Laurie Fenton Ambrose, Lung Cancer Alliance President and CEO. “We thank the team at G&K Services for putting together such a meaningful event to honor a colleague.”
For more information or to sign up for the event, please visit http://minnetonkavigil.kintera.org.
|Date:||Thursday, November 29, 2012|
|Time:||5 – 7 pm|
|Location:||Outside of G&K Services Corporate Office|
|5995 Opus Pkwy|
|Minnetonka, MN 55343|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV