As global energy regulations become more stringent, achieving higher efficiency in complex AC-DC designs – such as desktop PCs, servers and workstations – can be challenging. Typically, synchronous rectifier (SR) controllers are used to gain higher efficiency, but this method can result in high standby power consumption and design complexity.
To help designers meet strict energy regulations, Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) has developed the FAN6224 secondary-side synchronous rectifier (SR) controller to provide design flexibility and improve overall system efficiency.
The FAN6224 is the first SR high- and low-side controller device in Fairchild’s mWSaver™ technology series. Equipped with an internal, adjustable load-level Green Mode operation, the device stops all SR switching operation and provides lower no-load power consumption.
Utilizing a linear-predict timing-control technique, the device employs a simple control method without current-sense circuitry for noise immunity, making it ideally suited for high- and low-side flyback converters in continuous or discontinuous conduction mode (CCM and DCM) and quasi-resonant (QR) systems. For maximum design flexibility, the FAN6224 provides PWM frequency tracking and secondary-side winding voltage and is able to operate in both fixed- and variable-frequency systems up to 140kHz.Features and Benefits:
- 300µA ultra-low Green Mode operating current
- 12V gate driver clamp
- Integration of rich protections: OVP, OTP, SCP
- Open/short protection of LPC-pin and RES-pin
- Available in a SO 8L NB package the FAN6224 is priced at $.71
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV