Panning for Small- and Mid-Cap Gold
It often reveals companies that are a couple of cuts above some of the deep value techniques I utilize, in terms of quality. This particular screen combines the quest for companies with solid net profit margins, and growing, sustainable dividends.
More specifically, it includes the following criteria:
- Market capitalization between $100 million and $5 billion.
- Net profit margin of at least 8% for the trailing 12 months and for the latest fiscal year.
- Dividend yield greater than 1%.
- At least four consecutive years of increasing dividends.
- Payout ratio less than 50%.
- Price-to-earnings ratio less than 20.
- No financial stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV