NEW YORK, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With President Obama recently re-elected, the U.S. economic expansion will soon enter its forty-second month in January when his second term begins. Since 1900, the S&P 500 fell an average of 9.0% in year one of the four-year presidential cycle whenever the economy had been in expansion for 20 months or more. Will history repeat or will the Fed's continuous priming of the monetary pump help avoid an economic recession and market decline?
S&P Capital IQ's senior equity investment strategists and an ETF analyst will examine these and other issues in a complimentary webinar on December 13, 2012. Below are some questions they will be addressing in the fourth of a series of quarterly webinars.
- Which equity sectors and styles represent attractive potential opportunities as we head into 2013?
- Will equity income remain a key to international equity returns in 2013?
- What portfolio asset allocation shifts can be made to better leverage the emerging market consumer?
- What domestic equity ETFs are positioned favorably for 2013?
- Should investors see recent expense ratio cuts from ETF providers as a reason to shift their previous asset allocation decisions?
WHAT: Hosted by Sam Stovall, Chief Equity Strategist for S&P Capital IQ, this webinar will offer listeners actionable investment intelligence based on S&P Capital IQ's insights. Questions will be taken from webinar participants after a brief presentation by each panelist. WHO: S&P Capital IQ's equity strategists and an ETF analyst participating in the webinar are:
WHY: Investors, advisors and financial media can gain access to the financial market intelligence of S&P Capital IQ, one of the world's largest producers of independent equity research. S&P Capital IQ delivers these insights every day through products, such as The Outlook and MarketScope Advisor. These products draw from S&P Capital IQ data, knowledge and research from its equity analysts, proprietary STARS coverage and Stock Reports. WHEN: Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. EST, for 90 minutes. Event Details: Click on the following link http://ow.ly/fE1wO to register for the event. One hour of CFP continuing education credit is available for this event. (If you experience any difficulty while registering for this event, please contact Marc Eiger at 516-783-6918, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Sam Stovall, Chief Equity Strategist, S&P Capital IQ
- Alec Young, Global Equity Strategist, S&P Capital IQ
- Mark Arbeter, Chief Technical Strategist, S&P Capital IQ
- Todd Rosenbluth, ETF Analyst, S&P Capital IQ
About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ, a business line of the McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE:MHP), is a leading provider of multi-asset class and real time data, research and analytics to institutional investors, investment and commercial banks, investment advisors and wealth managers, corporations and universities around the world. We provide a broad suite of capabilities designed to help track performance, generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas, and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies. Through leading desktop solutions such as S&P Capital IQ, Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor desktops; enterprise solutions such as S&P Capital IQ Valuations, and Compustat; and research offerings, including Leveraged Commentary & Data, Global Markets Intelligence, and company and funds research, S&P Capital IQ sharpens financial intelligence into the wisdom today's investors need. For more information visit www.spcapitaliq.com.
All information provided by S&P Capital IQ is impersonal and not tailored to the needs of any person, entity or group of persons. Past performance is no indication of future results. S&P Capital IQ and its affiliates provide a wide range of services to, or relating to, many organizations, including issuers of securities, investment advisers, broker-dealers, investment banks, other financial institutions and financial intermediaries, and accordingly may receive fees or other economic benefits from those organizations, including organizations whose securities or services they may recommend, rate, include in model portfolios, evaluate or otherwise address.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV