PICKERINGTON, Ohio, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of accessories marketer R.G. Barry Corporation (Nasdaq:DFZ) today announced a 12.5% increase in the Company's quarterly cash dividend, from $0.08 per share to $0.09 per share, or $0.36 per share on an annual basis.
In addition, the Board declared an accelerated dividend of $0.09 per share payable on Dec. 28, 2012 to shareholders of record on Dec. 14, 2012. The payment of this dividend is intended by the Board to be in lieu of the quarterly dividend that would have been paid in March 2013. The next quarterly dividend, if declared by the Board, is expected to be paid in June 2013.
"Sharing the Company's success with its all of shareholders is an important element in our present and future success," said Chairman of the Board Gordon Zacks. "We believe our policy of gradually increasing dividends while conserving adequate resources to support management's strategies for growth through innovation, diversification and acquisition is one of the most critical elements for our continuing success."
This marks the third increase in quarterly dividends since the Company's dividend policy was implemented in 2009.The Company has approximately 11.3 million shares outstanding. About RG BarryRG Barry creates and markets great accessories brands and fashionable, solution-oriented products that make life better. Our primary brands include: Dearfoams slippers dearfoams.com; baggallini handbags, totes and travel accessories baggallini.com; and Foot Petals premium insoles and comfort products footpetals.com. To learn more, visit us at rgbarry.com. SOURCE R.G. Barry Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV