Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M) today announced the closing of the cash tender offer by its wholly owned subsidiary, Macy’s Retail Holdings, Inc., to purchase up to $700 million in aggregate principal amount of its outstanding debt securities listed on the table below (the “Notes”).
“Through this transaction and our recent debt issuance, we have successfully improved our debt maturity profile and decreased our ongoing interest expense,” said Karen M. Hoguet, Macy’s, Inc. chief financial officer.
Macy’s, Inc. expects to record additional interest expense relating to the tender offer of approximately $133 million ($83 million after income taxes) prior to February 2, 2013. By completing the tender offer and related financing, Macy’s interest expense is anticipated to be reduced on a full year basis by $30 million.
An aggregate principal amount of $1,178,097,000 of Notes was validly tendered in the tender offer and not validly withdrawn. The table below identifies the principal amount of each series of Notes validly tendered and not validly withdrawn and the principal amount that Macy’s Retail Holdings has accepted for purchase:
|CUSIP Number||Title of Security||Acceptance Priority Level (1)||Aggregate Principal Amount Outstanding||Principal Amount Tendered||Principal Amount Accepted for Purchase||Final Proration Factor (2)|
|314275AA6||5.90% Senior Notes due 2016||1||$976,966,000||$696,175,000||$400,000,000||57.5%|
|577778BF9||7.45% Debentures due 2016||2||$122,700,000||$63,734,000||$63,734,000||100.0%|
|577778AX1||7.50% Debentures due 2015||3||$100,000,000||$31,011,000||$31,011,000||100.0%|
|55616XAE7||7.875% Senior Notes due 2015||4||$611,875,000||$387,177,000||$205,255,000||53.0%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV