(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon.com, Inc. today announced the launch of the Amazon Appstore in Japan, giving Japanese customers access to a broad selection of quality Android apps, plus the security and convenience of shopping for these apps from Amazon. Customers can get the Amazon Appstore for their Android phones and tablets by visiting http://www.amazon.co.jp/apps.
Amazon’s Appstore offers a great selection of games and apps, including local favorites like “Mushroom Garden” and “Yahoo! Headline,” and established bestsellers like “Fruit Ninja” and “Cut the Rope,” along with apps from top-tier brands like Square Enix and NTT Docomo. In addition to localized content and a localized mobile store, customers will have access to popular Amazon Appstore features like the Free App of the Day, which offers a paid app for free every day. Apps and games purchased from Amazon can be used across customers’ Android devices as well as Kindle Fire tablets, enabling them to buy an app or game once and enjoy it everywhere. Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD for Japan are available for pre-order now at Amazon.co.jp.
The Amazon Appstore also includes popular Amazon features like personalized recommendations, Customer Reviews and 1-Click payments, making it easy for Amazon customers to shop, discover and buy the right apps to meet their needs. In order to ensure that customers have the best possible experience with the apps they purchase, apps are Amazon-tested and backed by Amazon’s world-class customer support.
“The Amazon Appstore connects app and game developers across the globe with Amazon’s enormous customer base, and we’re excited to expand that audience to our millions of customers in Japan,” said Jim Adkins, Vice President of the Amazon Appstore. “Now our customers in Japan can find all of the apps and games they’re looking for and can take advantage of popular programs like Free App of the Day.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV