- The majority of the study’s participants believe that the Consumer Goods (65%) and Consumer Services (60%) sectors offer the most attractive investment opportunities, given Latin America’s growing middle class, rising income levels and low domestic unemployment.
- Government intervention and trading liquidity are the two greatest challenges Latin American companies face with respect to maintaining a fair market valuation, according to 38% and 28% of survey participants, respectively.
- A majority of the study’s respondents (55%) believe that an ADR program can help a Latin American issuer maintain a fair market valuation, citing the benefits of improved trading liquidity and free float as well as increased exposure to a greater number of potential new investors.
- More than one-third of the investors surveyed (35%) recommend that Latin American companies that do not adhere to international reporting standards do so, as a means to maintain fair market valuation.
J.P. Morgan Survey Indicates Investor Confidence In Latin American IPOs
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.