Who cares!? Why does it matter? The company does a freaking trillion dollars in revenue every quarter. It's the only one in the nation really spending to help stimulate the economy. OK, wait, Howard Schultz at Starbucks (SBUX) deserves equal credit.
Point being -- guys like Bezos and Schultz have opinions on politics and such. Everything from gay marriage to the fiscal cliff. From time to time, they express them. But they never use something as external and out of their control as gridlock in Washington as an excuse to not spend and seize the massive opportunities that are in front of them.
Since 1999, people have doubted Bezos and Amazon (and Schultz and Starbucks). And, since 1999, they have proven the critics wrong. When will the bears learn their lesson?
Together with Apple, Amazon and Starbucks are in the process of taking over the world. This is not a bad thing. It should help spur more innovation and more competition, as long as we cut through the haters who feel the need to cut down the man at the top.Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV