In honor of the company’s commitment to pre K-grade 12 educators and administrators, Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, is offering teachers a special holiday shopping event on Saturday, December 1.
Educators who shop at their local Barnes & Noble store or via Barnes & Noble.com ( www.bn.com) will receive special discounts* on merchandise:
- 20% off NOOK Simple Touch ™ and a 10% discount on NOOK Tablet ™ 8GB or 16GB;
- 25% discount on personal and classroom purchases; and
- 10% discount on DVDs and music.
“During a time when school funding has been seriously impacted by budget cuts, we are pleased to show our support of educators with this special day of discounted shopping on December 1,” said Sarah DiFrancesco, Director of Business Development, Barnes & Noble, Inc. “Teachers may use the discount to purchase special items for their classrooms and holiday gifts for co-workers or students or simply for themselves (they deserve it!). Schools are places of dreams and aspirations, just like a bookstore, and Barnes & Noble is committed to supporting the teachers who help make our country great by educating our children.”
Educators attending the one-day holiday shopping event can also receive information about Barnes & Noble’s 2013 My Favorite Teacher Contest ( www.bn.com/myfavoriteteacher), which provides middle and high school students the opportunity to tell their communities how much they appreciate their teachers by writing an essay, poem or letter about them. Local winning teachers are recognized at an in-store event in the spring and become eligible to win prizes at the regional level. One regional winner will be named the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year.Educators are encouraged to visit our Store Locator ( http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com) to find a Barnes & Noble location near them. * Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educators Discount Card to receive the discounts. Normal exclusions apply. See any bookseller for details. NOOK Simple Touch™ with Glow Light™, NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+ devices are not eligible for any educator or bulk discounts at this time. Limit of three devices per educator.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV