SEATTLE, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines has promoted Ron Calvin to managing director of inflight operations, with responsibility for the carrier's flight attendant bases in Anchorage, Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle. Calvin is a 26-year veteran at Alaska Airlines, having held positions of increasing responsibility in the Customer Service – Airports division.
Most recently, as director of customer service for the eastern region based in Washington, D.C., Calvin managed Alaska Airlines' customer service and ground operations at 17 airports.
Alaska Airlines employs about 3,400 flight attendants.
"Ron is a proven leader who fully understands the importance of customer service and the value of running a solid operation. He is a natural communicator and has built a reputation as a hands-on leader," said Andy Schneider, Alaska Airlines' vice president inflight services.Calvin is the recipient of the Customer Service Legend Award, which is the highest honor an Alaska Airlines employee can receive. He earned a bachelor's degree from San Jose State University and a master's degree from Georgetown University. Editor's note: High-resolution photo of Calvin is available for download in the Alaska Airlines Newsroom image gallery at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together with its partner regional airlines, serves 95 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines has ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Airline Satisfaction Study(SM) for five consecutive years from 2008 to 2012. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. SOURCE Alaska Airlines
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV