SANTA MONICA, Calif. and VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its strategy of establishing output agreements with leading distributors around the world, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a leading global entertainment company, has forged an output deal with Russia's West Company for distribution of Lionsgate titles in Russia and the other nations of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region, the two companies announced today.
The announcement came on the heels of the blockbuster opening of Summit Entertainment's THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN – PART 2, which was distributed by West Company in Russia and the other CIS nations and grossed a franchise-best $22 million in its opening weekend in that territory, the best nonholiday opening day in the territory's history and the second biggest opening in the territory all time for any film. The film also drew three million admissions in its opening weekend, more than any other film in the territory's history.
"We're delighted to expand and extend Lionsgate's longstanding relationship with West Company in what has become one of our top territories," said Lionsgate Motion Picture Group Co-Chairs Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger. "Our Lionsgate and Summit labels have both successfully partnered with West Company on numerous films in the past, including the blockbuster TWILIGHT franchise. This new output agreement for Lionsgate titles is a natural evolution of our alliance that promises significant benefits for both our companies for many years to come.""We're thrilled to continue working with Patrick, Rob and the entire Lionsgate team," said Tigran Dokhalov, President of West Company. "This output agreement provides us with a consistent pipeline of some of the most commercially exciting films in the world from a studio that has emerged as a major force in the global marketplace."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV