CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems will work together with Boeing on the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory's Integrated Vehicle Energy Technology (INVENT) program to develop advanced actuation technology for future aircraft. UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) will perform the research and development for this program at its Electronic Systems Center in Phoenix, Ariz.
UTC Aerospace Systems, as part of the High Performance Electric Actuation System integrated product team, will design, develop and test an integrated suite of advanced actuators featuring technology focused on improving energy, power, and thermal management. These new technologies will be specifically targeted at primary flight control actuation for the next generation of tactical fighters and air mobility transport systems.
Mike Gardiner, president, Actuation Systems said, "Our experience and expertise developing advanced, reliable, power-optimized actuation systems brings a unique capability to Boeing and the U.S. Air Force. We are pleased to cooperate on such a significant program and look forward to this and future collaboration on next generation military aircraft."
UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. www.utcaerospacesystems.com
SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV