As part of its 2012 “Gift of Possibilities” campaign, the Western Union Company (NYSE: WU), a global leader in financial services, will host a five-city consumer Gift Exchange Tour benefiting local Goodwill organizations.
The Gift Exchange Tour will take place at Western Union Holiday Gift Spot locations across select Simon properties and Western Union’s flagship store on Saturday, Dec. 1; Saturday, Dec. 15; and Saturday, Dec. 22, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. local time in the following cities:
- New York City: Western Union Flagship Store, 1440 Broadway, New York, NY
- Chicago: Orland Square Mall, Orland Park, Ill.
- Dallas: Irving Mall, Irving, Texas
- Los Angeles: Del Amo Fashion Center, Torrance, Calif.
- Miami: Miami International Mall, Doral, Fla.
“Each year, thousands of consumers receive holiday gifts that go unused,” said Victoria Lopez-Negrete, senior vice president and general manager, North America at Western Union. “The Western Union Gift Exchange Tour is a natural extension of our community -focused brand and global Gift of Possibilities campaign to help create new holiday possibilities for others.”
Items received during the Gift Exchange Tour will be donated to local Goodwill organizations in select markets. Consumers who trade in a new or unused gift will receive a promotional code for a 50 percent discount * on a Western Union Money Transfer ® transaction, which is redeemable at Western Union Agent locations in the United States. A limited number of consumers at each Gift Exchange event will receive a $20 Western Union prepaid gift card in return for their trade-in item.According to the third-annual Western Union Holiday Gifting Index, 86 percent of consumers in the U.S. would gladly trade a gift to make someone else’s holiday dream come true. When asked how charitable giving makes them feel during the holiday season, 58 percent of consumers say it makes them feel like they are making a difference, 45 percent feel better about themselves, and 22 percent say it makes them feel like part of their community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV