1Accenture Research, © 2012 Capital IQ. 2Accenture Research analysis, Industrial Info Resources, Oxford Economics.
About the research and research methodology
Achieving Effective Delivery of Capital Projects, Insights from the Accenture global survey of the mining and metals industries is based on primary research conducted by a third-party firm on behalf of Accenture. Thirty-one interviews were conducted with executives in the metals and mining industries between February and May 2012. All respondents were C-level executives and decision makers or influencers in the management of capital projects in their organizations. Interviewers conducted a phone survey with executives in North and South America, Europe, South Africa, India, Russia and China. Accenture defines a capital project as a long-term investment in excess of $50 million, involving either greenfield or brownfield projects. For this survey, Accenture focused on delivery of major assets costing at least $1 billion to build and taking more than a year to deliver. To gain insights on leading practices, Accenture also looked at characteristics of companies that self-reported higher scores for capital project delivery.
About AccentureAccenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with 257,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV