Don't Reveal Your Full Birth Date On Facebook
Besides keeping risky information to yourself, experts advise using social network privacy controls, computer security software, and strong passwords. The U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team says a good password includes upper and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols, and it does not spell out any word in any language.
Alert credit card companies if you suspect fraud
If you think you've been a victim of credit card fraud, call your credit card companies immediately to cancel the account numbers, and contact credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit reports.
Meanwhile, go ahead and share cute stories about your dog on Facebook, but take advantage of privacy controls, keep your security software up to date, and if you wonder whether or not you should share something, you probably shouldn't.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV