DALLAS, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced two 3.5-A step-down DC/DC converters with an integrated MOSFET and industry-leading reference accuracy of one percent. The SWIFT™ 60-V TPS54360 and 42-V TPS54340 buck regulators operate over a wide input voltage range and the industry's widest temperature range for high-performance industrial, consumer, computing, communication and automotive applications. Using these new products together with TI's WEBENCH® online design tool can simplify and speed the design process. For more information and samples, visit www.ti.com/pmp-tps54360-pr-en. Watch a video demonstration at www.ti.com/pmp-tps54360-prv-en.
The TPS54360 and TPS54340 join TI's family of Eco-Mode™ SWIFT DC/DC converters that operate over a wide input range with low operating and shutdown quiescent current. The family also includes the 0.5-A, 42-V TPS54040A and 1.5A, 60-V TPS54160A that feature precision enable threshold for adjustable under voltage lockout. For more information on all of TI's SWIFT converters, visit www.ti.com/swift-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPS54360 and TPS54340 DC/DC converters
- Wide input range from 4.5 V to 60 V (TPS54360) or 42 V (TPS54340) offers robust input voltage protection.
- Current mode control allows simple external compensation and flexible component selection.
- Integrated 92-mOhm high-side MOSFET provides high efficiency at high currents.
- Industry-leading one-percent reference accuracy from -40 degrees C to 150 degrees C better regulates output voltages over all operating conditions.
- Low dropout operating mode approaching 100 percent duty cycle minimizes input to output voltage drop.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV