Globe Intensifies Network Coverage In Boracay
For his part, Globe President and CEO Ernest Cu lauded this development, noting that this further bolsters the progress of the company's network modernization, which is already nearing 70-percent accomplishment.
"Like our modernized networks in Cebu, Davao and parts of the National Capital Region, we are raising the bar and bringing the same excellent mobile experience to Boracay, which will definitely advance the level of enjoyment of our subscribers in the area. This investment will positively impact the local travel hotspot with more vibrant tourist activities as well as bring-in a better commercial environment for our trade affiliates and enterprise clientele."
Cu said that the effort will mirror a forthcoming rollout in Palawan, which will also entail in "fiberizing" the entire island. "This enables Globe to deliver its capacity plans and network quality improvements to usher-in superior mobile experience our customers truly deserve," the Globe chief said.
To commemorate the installation of the Globe Boracay cable landing station, Cu, Tan and other key Globe executives led a ribbon-cutting and blessing ceremony earlier in the day. A special inauguration event was also held graced by the Globe Network Technical Group and Huawei officers. Local government units present hailed the cable landing of Globe, saying that this will definitely create a better-connected Boracay with the rest of the Philippines and the world. Trade partners as well as corporate clients of Globe meanwhile praised this initiative of the company as they acknowledged the benefits of a Globe-interlinked Boracay for their businesses.FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
YOLY C. CRISANTO Head, Corporate Communications Globe Telecom Tel. No. (63) 730 2627 Fax no. (63) 739 3075 E-mail: email@example.com NEW: Globe Press Room: www.globe.com.ph/press-room
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV