Innovators For Veterans & Foster Youth Honored At Fedcap's "Celebration Of Work" Gala
NEW YORK, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Innovators for veterans and foster youth were among the celebrity-studded crowd of 400 who turned out to celebrate the importance of work in people's lives at Fedcap's annual gala Monday.
The 2012 Celebration of Work, held at The New York Public Library, drew leaders of city, state and federal agencies and a wide range of other supporters of Fedcap ( http://www.fedcap.org/) and its Wildcat Service Corp., The Way to Work and ReServe operations.
Among the honorees and featured speakers:
- Gen. Montgomery Meigs (Ret.), President & CEO of Business Executives for National Security with a distinguished 35-year career in the U.S. Army, received Fedcap's Leadership Award. BENS members include corporate leaders across the country who help government address such national problems as the high unemployment rate among returning veterans.
- Warren Stephens, Chairman, President & CEO of Stephens Inc., accepted the Fedcap Excellence in Media Award on behalf of Stephens Media for its Saluting American Valor series, which told the stories of U.S. service members decorated for combat heroism in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Marie Tillman, President and Co-Founder of the Pat Tillman Foundation and a staunch advocate for service members, veterans and military families, presented the Excellence in Media award.
- Brenda Donald, Director of the District of Columbia Child and Family Services Agency, received the Community Impact Award for her innovative leadership on behalf of youth in foster care.
- David Cone, former New York Yankees pitcher and World Series Champion, accepted the Community Leadership Award on behalf of the Yankees in recognition of the team's community support of young people, veterans and other vulnerable populations.
- Lauren Molina, star of hit shows including Marry Me a Little and Sweeney Todd, provided the entertainment.
U.S. unemployment is still near 8 percent nationally and much higher among teen-agers, Post-9/11 veterans and others who face barriers to employment. The nonprofit Fedcap helps thousands of people each year – including veterans, youth who have spent time in foster care, the formerly incarcerated and people with disabilities – succeed in education and employment and move toward economic independence. Fedcap places people in jobs across a wide variety of sectors and employs 1,800 in its own businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV