GALLIPOLIS, Ohio, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, November 27, 2012, the Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend payable on December 14, 2012, in the amount of $0.21 per common share to shareholders of record on December 7, 2012. The Board determined to declare and pay early the dividend that normally would be considered for payment in February 2013.
Thomas E. Wiseman, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "The prepayment of the first quarter 2013 dividend, in the fourth of quarter of 2012, is based on Ohio Valley Banc Corp.'s stable capital position, financial performance for the first nine months of 2012, and potential changes in tax rates that could adversely affect America's taxpayers, including Ohio Valley Banc Corp.'s shareholders, in 2013."
Ohio Valley Banc Corp. owns two subsidiaries: Ohio Valley Bank and Loan Central. Ohio Valley Bank is a state-chartered, FDIC-insured bank operating 15 offices in Ohio and West Virginia. Loan Central is a finance company with seven offices in Ohio. Ohio Valley Banc Corp. stock is traded on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol OVBC. The company's Web site is www.ovbc.com.
Contact: Scott Shockey or Bryna Butler, (740) 446-2631, 1-800-468-6682SOURCE Ohio Valley Banc Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV