Fourth Quarter Guidance
Fourth quarter revenue in 2012 is currently projected to increase 4% to 5% as compared to the prior year’s fourth quarter amount of $1.533 billion. On a constant currency basis and excluding the impact of the exited businesses, fourth quarter revenue in 2012 is projected to increase 7% to 8%. Foreign currency translation is expected to have a negative revenue impact of approximately $20 million, or 1%, while the exit from the Izod women’s and Timberland wholesale sportswear businesses is expected to reduce revenue by approximately $30 million, or 2%, for a total decrease in revenue of approximately 3% related to these items.
Revenue for the Tommy Hilfiger business is expected to increase approximately 5% as compared to the fourth quarter of 2011, which includes a negative impact of approximately 2% related to foreign currency translation. Revenue for the Calvin Klein business is expected to grow approximately 10% as compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. Revenue for the Heritage Brands business is expected to be relatively flat as compared to the fourth quarter of 2011, inclusive of a 7% negative impact related to the exited sportswear businesses.
On a non-GAAP basis, earnings per share for the fourth quarter is currently projected to be in the range of $1.48 to $1.49, including the negative impact Hurricane Sandy had on business in the first half of November. This represents an increase of 25% to 26% over $1.18 in the prior year’s fourth quarter. The Company does not expect that foreign currency translation will have a material impact on earnings in the fourth quarter as compared to the prior year. The Company currently estimates that the fourth quarter 2012 effective tax rate will be approximately 22.0%, which reflects the timing of certain discrete tax benefits moving out of the fourth quarter and into the third quarter, as previously mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV