- Earnings per share was $2.34 on a non-GAAP basis, which exceeded the Company’s guidance and represents a 24% increase over the prior year period’s non-GAAP earnings per share of $1.89.
- GAAP earnings per share was $2.24 and represents a 45% increase over the prior year period’s GAAP earnings per share of $1.54.
- Revenue of $1.643 billion decreased 1% as compared to the prior year period due to a 5% negative impact attributable to the exit from the Izod women’s and Timberland wholesale sportswear businesses (worth approximately $50 million) and foreign currency translation (worth approximately $40 million). On a constant currency basis and excluding the impact of exited businesses, revenue increased 4%.
- Operating margin on a non-GAAP basis increased 150 basis points due to a 260 basis point gross margin increase, driven by the higher-margin Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger businesses growing faster, combined with higher average unit retail selling prices and decreased product costs across the Company’s businesses. GAAP operating margin increased 260 basis points.
PVH Corp. Reports 2012 Third Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts