ROSH HA'AYIN, Israel, November 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Net Sales this quarter amounted to NIS 3 , 313 million , an increase of 2.6%.
- Increase in cash flow from operating activities to NIS 156 million this quarter.
- Increase in EBITDA  to NIS 143 million in this quarter.
- In the Commercial and Fueling sites: Taking efficacy measures and expanding the activity in the convenience stores sector despite the reduction of marketing margins in September 2011, resulted in operating profit of NIS 55.6 million similar to the operating profit in the corresponding quarter last year.
- In the Supermarkets segment:
- Same Store Sales decreased this quarter by 0.4% compared to a 6.4% decrease in the comparable quarter.
- The operating profit rate in the third quarter amounted to 2.4% compared to 2.0% in the corresponding quarter (increase of 17%) and 1.1% and 2.0% in the first and second quarter of this year. The major improvement mainly derived from implementing efficacy measures and adjusting the expense structure.
- Mega commenced the implementation of a strategic maneuver in 30 branches of the chain that shall include completing the exit from 11 branches until the end of the year launching new HD chain in national deployment of 20 branches in 2013. The Operating Profit rate excluding these branches is 3.9% in the third quarter of the year compared to 3.4% in the second quarter.
- In the Real Estate segment: BSRE continues the development momentum and inaugurated during this quarter the commercial center in Kiryat Hasharon, Netanya, a project it exclusively initiated. The wholesale market project in Tel Aviv is progressing ahead of schedule. The Comverse Building in Ra'anana is in construction and an additional four projects are in construction stages.
- In the the Non Food segment: a decrease in the operating loss in this quarter compared to the corresponding quarter.
Data in millions of NIS Q3 2012 Q3 2011 Commercial and Fueling sites 55.5 55.2 Supermarkets 41.7 34.0 Non-Food (6.5) (6.5) Real Estate 1.9 12.8
Results for the third quarter of 2012