Weekly Unemployment Insurance Claims Drop In La.
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) â¿¿ First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Nov. 17 decreased from the previous week's total.
The state labor department figures released Monday show the initial claims decreased to 2,875 from the previous week's total of 3,089. For the comparable week a year earlier, there were 4,558 initial claims.
The four-week moving average, which is a less volatile measure of claims, decreased to 2,784 from the previous week's total of 2,788.
Continued unemployment claims claimed for the week ending Nov. 17 decreased to 29,653 compared to 30,269 the previous week. This was the lowest level since the week ending Nov. 29, 2008 with 28,944. The four-week moving average for such claims decreased to 30,189 from the previous week's average of 30,457.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV