NEW YORK, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl will host an exclusive, limited-run show which will air on a variety of SiriusXM music channels.
"Dave Grohl Presents Sound City" will premiere on Thursday, November 29 at 4:00 pm ET on Classic Vinyl, channel 26, in advance of the release of Grohl's feature-length film documentary of the same name.
The weekly series will feature Grohl telling stories about the music recorded at the iconic Sound City Studios in Los Angeles. "Dave Grohl Presents Sound City" will showcase the music recorded at Sound City—SiriusXM listeners will hear songs from albums like Neil Young's After the Gold Rush, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, Metallica's Death Magnetic and Nirvana's Nevermind, which provided Grohl's own introduction to the legendary studio in 1991.Grohl's passion for the studio continued ever since and led him to purchase the main recording console after Sound City closed for commercial use in May 2011. "I'm so proud of the Sound City film and beyond excited for the world to see what I've been working on for the past year," said Dave Grohl. "Even before that, though, I'm grateful to SiriusXM for giving me the opportunity to share all this great music and to let people know what got me excited about Sound City in the first place." "We are always looking for innovative and different ways to celebrate and showcase music," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "We are thrilled to offer Dave Grohl this unique platform to take listeners through the music and stories behind some of the best music in rock and roll's vault. His show will offer a musician's point of view and allow for listeners to get a first-hand perspective on creating music." Each week will showcase different years and artists. The full schedule is below.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV