AWS re: Invent – Booth #708 – Avnet Technology Solutions, a global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today unveiled four off-premise cloud computing solutions powered by Amazon Web Services ® (AWS). These initial offerings provide managed service provider (MSP), value-added reseller (VAR), and independent software vendor (ISV) partners with integrated, packaged solutions that span the AWS portfolio.
The integrated, packaged solutions were developed by the Avnet Cloud Solutions team, which focuses on off-premise cloud computing. Leveraging Avnet’s technical expertise and intellectual property, the solutions by Avnet incorporate AWS with technologies from industry-leading suppliers in Avnet’s portfolio, such as Microsoft ®, Oracle ®, Riverbed Technology, and Symantec ®, to provide cloud-based offerings for high-demand workload areas, including backup and disaster recovery, and application hosting and management. These off-premise cloud computing solutions are available exclusively through Avnet’s partners in the U.S. and Canada.
“Amazon Web Services has quickly become a valuable addition to the growing Avnet Cloud Solutions portfolio because its cloud services are flexible and can be incorporated into enterprise-class IT solutions,” said Tim FitzGerald, vice president of Avnet Cloud Solutions, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas. “Avnet’s new solutions built on AWS complement our partners’ portfolios. We specifically designed these solutions to align with how end customers want to purchase cloud computing offerings, which will ensure that our partners can quickly, easily and cost effectively take these solutions to market.”
Avnet developed these integrated, packaged solutions using AWS to help its partners minimize costs, foster repeatability and speed their time to market. The solutions include:
- Cloud Backup for Enterprises: Combines Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Riverbed ® Whitewater ® cloud storage gateway appliance, which integrates seamlessly into the existing infrastructure of Symantec Backup Exec customers. Avnet’s partners can provide this packaged offering to their customers through a monthly subscription fee.
- Cloud Backup for Oracle Databases: This monthly, subscription-based solution leverages Amazon S3 with Recovery Manager (RMAN) to provide backup and recovery services for partners’ customers using Oracle databases (version 9iR2 and later).
- Microsoft ® SharePoint ® 2010 Enterprise Server Farm: Provides a pre-configured, production-grade SharePoint cloud infrastructure based on Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (Amazon EC2). This includes application, presentation and database servers that are ready to be integrated into the existing Active Directory infrastructures of partners’ customers.
- Enterprise Web Hosting: Delivering production web hosting on Amazon EC2, each package includes a fully scalable, high-availability cloud infrastructure capable of hosting from 10,000 – 100,000 concurrent users and millions of page views per month. Additionally, partners’ customers can quickly deploy a full-load balanced, multiple data center web farm based on Linux that supports the DMZ, presentation, application and database tiers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV