Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) showcased its broadening line-up of cloud and mobile design, engineering and visualization tools at Autodesk University today.
Autodesk CEO Carl Bass and young maker Schuyler St. Leger address attendees at Autodesk University 2012 in Las Vegas. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Autodesk is the first company to bring you a full set of professional-grade, cloud-enabled tools that span the entire design process,” said Autodesk president and CEO Carl Bass, while addressing more than 7,000 AU attendees in Las Vegas. “We are leading the industry’s shift to cloud-based design and engineering software. From conceptual design, to simulation, to taking information to the factory floor or the construction site, all of this is being done today with our tools in the cloud.”
Bass demonstrated the company’s expansive portfolio of industry-leading cloud and mobile products and unveiled several new additions including the next generation of civil infrastructure design software and the world’s first comprehensive cloud-based 3D modeling offering for mechanical and industrial design (see related announcements). Bass was joined on stage by Autodesk Chief Technology Officer Jeff Kowalski, Christine Furstoss, who is head of Research & Development for Manufacturing & Materials Technologies at GE, Dezso Molnar, inventor of the Gyrocycle and co-founder of Molnari, Inc, and 12 year-old maker and engineer Schuyler St. Leger.
Autodesk University Series Reaches 70,000 WorldwideAutodesk University (AU) is an annual series of in-person and online customer conferences that inspire, challenge and energize attendees about the future of design and engineering. Now in its 20th year, AU attracts more than 70,000 participants throughout the year and includes the flagship event in Las Vegas, which begins today, online through AU Virtual and events that occur throughout the year in Japan, Brazil, Russia, Germany and China.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV