DNR Rejects Environmental Review Of Mining Leases
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) â¿¿ The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has denied a petition seeking an environmental review before the state awards its next round of mining leases.
A group of northeastern Minnesota residents petitioned for an environmental assessment worksheet in September, saying the potential for new nonferrous metals prospecting could have a significant impact on sensitive natural resources and property values.
Three companies submitted bids for the leases, which cover about 9,500 acres.
In an order this month, the DNR denied the petition but said it will reconsider whether environmental reviews are needed if prospectors submit plans for actual exploration on the parcels.Kathy Lewis, assistant director of the Division of Lands and Minerals, said Tuesday the DNR will present its recommendations on the leases to the State Executive Council on Dec. 6.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV