Kirk Drees, National Account Executive, Cigna; 1st Place Team "The Gang Of Synergy;" John Winkleman, Mt. Sinai Board Member, And Mailman Professor. (Photo: Columbia University Mailman School Of Public Health)
Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health recently hosted the 6 th Annual Health Care Management and Delivery Case Challenge, sponsored by Cigna and The Hay Group. The student teams tackled challenges posed by “The Timothy Fund” case written by current Executive MPH student, John MacPhee.
Kirk Drees, National Account Executive, Cigna; 1st place Team "The Gang of Synergy;" John Winkleman, Mt. Sinai Board Member, and Mailman Professor. (Photo: Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health)
Drawing on expertise from five graduate schools (Public Health, Physicians and Surgeons, Business, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and School of International and Public Affairs), teams of 3-5 students examined the strategic, operational and financial challenges of the family foundation, The Timothy Fund. The mission of The Timothy Fund is to reduce the prevalence of emotional distress and the rate of suicide among college and university students.
An expert panel of judges, playing the role of the Fund’s Board, listened to teams’ presentations and asked tough questions regarding proposed solutions, alternatives and implementation plans. Senior Judge John Winkleman, a Mount Sinai Medical Center Board member and Mailman professor, presided over the judging panel composed of Case Challenge benefactors from Cigna and The Hay Group as well as other faculty and alumni:
- Kirk Drees, National Account Executive, Cigna
- Ian Wilcox, Global Managing Director, Life Sciences, The Hay Group
- Howard Tarre, Practice Leader, Mercer Management Consulting
- Michael Geiger, Cooper University Hospital and Mailman alumnus
- Angela Profeta, Gold Health Strategies and Mailman alumna
- Gati Dharani, Draftfcb and Mailman alumna
The winning case study proposed The Timothy Fund, which is debating merging with a suicide prevention non-profit, remain independent and implement organizational changes to create a path for financial sustainability by creating Development and Social Marketing teams.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV