News Summary: Obama Selling His Fiscal Cliff Plan
The Associated Press
SALES PITCH: President Barack Obama plans to make a public case this week for his strategy for dealing with the looming fiscal cliff. He is pressuring Republicans to allow tax increases on the wealthy while extending cuts for families earning $250,000 or less.
THE BACKGROUND: Unless lawmakers agree on a deal to cut the deficit, there will be across-the-board tax increases and steep spending cuts next year.
TRAVEL PLANS: The president is meeting with small-business owners at the White House on Tuesday and with middle-class families Wednesday. He will tour a Pennsylvania small business that makes parts for a construction-toy company Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV