NORWALK, Conn., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announced that its online community for oncology nurses – TheONC.org – will host a webinar, "Cancer Pain Management," on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12 p.m. ET. The webinar will address the importance of adequate cancer pain management for quality of life and treatment outcomes, as well as discuss the myths and barriers that commonly lead to poor pain management and unnecessary suffering in cancer patients.
Up to 60 percent of cancer patients experience pain related to their cancer or their treatment, with over a third of them receiving little to no pain medication (analgesics or opioids) to address it. Pain management is a key component to cancer care, as unrelieved pain negatively impacts a patient's quality of life and motivation to continue to undergo treatment, and is even associated with diminished survival time. The upcoming webinar will educate nurses on the common causes of inadequate pain relief in cancer care and strategies for improving pain management.
TheONC webinar presenter
Nora Janjan, MD, a former radiation oncologist and palliative care specialist and currently a senior fellow in healthcare at the National Center for Policy Analysis, said, "Cancer pain is a prevalent and seriously under-addressed issue in healthcare, with broad ramifications for overall patient well-being. Oncology nurses at the forefront of patient care can play a critical role in the education of staff, patients and caregivers about appropriate pain relief, and push for pain management plans to be regularly integrated into the overall disease management plan. TheONC platform is ideal for discussing this and other critical topics, empowering nurses with valuable knowledge, personal insights and support to optimize the quality of care for their patients."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV