1. As of noon trading, Apple ( AAPL) is down $4.98 (-0.8%) to $584.55 on average volume Thus far, 8.4 million shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $580.10-$589.64 after having opened the day at $589.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $589.53. Apple Inc., together with subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, mobile communication devices, and portable digital music and video players, as well as sells various related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. Apple has a market cap of $537.6 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 45.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 37 analysts that rate Apple a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Apple as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Apple Ratings Report now. Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts