1. As of noon trading, Monsanto Company ( MON) is up $0.64 (0.7%) to $91.83 on light volume Thus far, 991,786 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $91.12-$91.98 after having opened the day at $91.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.19. Monsanto Company, together with its subsidiaries, provides agricultural products for farmers. It operates in two segments, Seeds and Genomics, and Agricultural Productivity. Monsanto Company has a market cap of $48.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 30.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Monsanto Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Monsanto Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report now. Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the chemicals industry could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the chemicals industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts