News Summary: US Orders For Core Capital Goods Up
The Associated Press
KEY INDICATOR RISES: U.S. companies increased their orders of machinery and equipment that signal investment plans by 1.7 percent in October, the largest amount in five months.
THE DETAILS: It was the biggest rise in orders for core capital goods since a 2.3 percent rise in May. The Commerce Department said Tuesday that total orders for durable goods were unchanged in October as demand for machinery, primary metals and communications equipment increased while orders for autos, airplanes and computers fell.
THE OUTLOOK: Economists viewed the rebound in orders in the business investment category as encouraging but said that business will remain cautious until Congress and the Obama administration reach a budget deal to avert the combination of tax increases and federal spending cuts set to take effect in January.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV