Engineers Believe Less Jobs Available
- Although more than one-quarter (27 percent) of engineering workers believe that more jobs are available, the number of workers who believe fewer jobs are available continues to increase. Half of engineering workers believe fewer jobs are available this quarter, compared to 44 percent in the second quarter.
Majority of Engineers Remain Confident in Ability to Find a New Job
- Fifty-three percent of engineers feel confident in their ability to find a new job—a small decline from 58 percent in the second quarter of 2012.
Worker Sentiment about Job Security Remains Strong
- Seventy-four percent of engineers report that they are not likely to lose their jobs over the next 12 months. This is an increase from the 68 percent indicating so in the second quarter.
Significantly Fewer Engineers Likely to Search for New Employment
- Less than one-third (32 percent) of engineers say they are likely to look for a new job within the next 12 months, a decline of 13 percentage points from second quarter 2012.
To view the latest quarterly trends report, click
Survey MethodologyThis survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Randstad Engineering from July 10-12, August 14-16 and September 11-13, 2012, among 3,960 adults ages 18 and older of which 146 are employed in engineering. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Lesly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Randstad EngineeringRandstad Engineering has been matching clients with the expert engineering and technical staff needed to help their companies succeed since 1988. With degreed engineers and expert technical recruiters on staff who understand the unique challenges of your industry, Randstad Engineering partners with companies on their specific business goals by quickly connecting them with the expert professionals to help achieve them. With an extensive network of three million engineers and other technical experts—Randstad Engineering has the right talent to get the job done.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV