Mine Engineering Firm Closes 1 Appalachian Office
PIKEVILLE, Ky. (AP) â¿¿ A Kentucky engineering firm that caters to the coal industry is closing its branch office in Wise, Va.
Summit Engineering Inc. of Pikeville. Ky. made the announcement on Monday in a statement from Lisa Daniels, a business development representative for the firm.
Daniels said the closure is the result of "the profound economic effect on the Appalachia region because of the declining coal prices." She said the firm will continue to serve mining clients in the Wise area from its offices in Pikeville, Hazard and Big Rock, Va.
Summit has over 125 staffers, including engineers, geologists, environmental scientists, hydrologists, architects, even real estate agents.Daniels said staff members in the Wise office will be reassigned to other locations "as opportunity exists."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV