Gillibrand: NHL Lockout Hurts Buffalo's Economy
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) â¿¿ Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand says the NHL lockout is hurting business in downtown Buffalo, N.Y.
More than a third of the National Hockey League regular season has been called off amid labor strife.
Gillibrand on Monday told the federal Small Business Administration that the effect of the lockout on Buffalo's downtown economy has been devastating. She said restaurants and bars depend on revenue from the 41 regular season home games each year.
Gillibrand is asking the SBA to reach out to downtown businesses to make sure they are aware of relief programs that may be available to them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV