SBA: NYC Pol's Proposal Would Needs Others' OK
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The federal Small Business Administration says other agencies and lawmakers would have to OK a New York City lawmaker's request for changes to the SBA's Superstorm Sandy recovery loans.
The SBA responded Monday to City Councilman Domenic Recchia Jr.'s idea. He said Sunday he's calling for an extension to a Dec. 31 deadline for filing disaster loan applications with the federal Small Business Administration.
He's also pressing members of Congress to lower the business loan interest rates, now 4 percent and higher.
The SBA says it's committed to helping New York businesses and residents rebuild and "will be there as long as it takes."The agency says the application deadline is up to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and any change to the interest rates would require Congressional action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV