NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Amazon Santa has just received a big upgrade in time for the holiday planning/shopping/giving season.
Version 1.1 of the popular app is still designed for kids of all ages. The idea is to provide a simple, interactive way for parents to provide customized gift lists for their children. One might surmise that Amazon (AMZN) hopes you will use those shopping lists to buy lots of stuff on the Amazon Web site.
To assist you in that task Amazon has made it easier to filter items by category or by brand. It has also expanded categories from the usual toys, games, movies and TV shows to include a selection of non-couch-potato favorites like bicycles and skateboards.
But, don't think this is an app just for parents. It also targets children aged 3 to 11, allowing them "to search for and select gifts from an online catalog that includes thousands of the hottest toys, games, movies and TV shows, books, sporting goods and video games."Amazon expects you to use its Santa app on one of your Kindle tablet devices. If not, they probably would like you to consider buying one. Failing that, there are versions for Apple's (AAPL) iOS and other, non-Amazon devices running Google's (GOOG) Android operating system. The best feature of all, Amazon Santa is downloadable - and possibly one of the few holiday items that you can get free of charge. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV