The 21.5-inch iMac will be available through Apple's retail stores, certain resellers and the tech giant's online store, according to a statement released before market open Tuesday. A new 27-inch iMac will be available for order through the Apple online store and will begin shipping in December, it added.
There had been chatter in the blogosphere that the new iMacs could be delayed as a result of production issues, although Apple had previously discussed November and December launches, respectively, for the products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV