Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, today announced that Pascal Fernandez, vice president of Avnet Velocity, EMEA, will present an educational session at the Odette 2012 conference in Berlin on December 3 at 2:45 p.m. Fernandez’s presentation will examine the transportation supply chain and share best practices for building a resilient supply chain in the automotive industry.
“Recent natural disasters and other unavoidable threats have impacted the supply chains of companies around the globe,” said Fernandez. “Companies are now implementing operational changes that prepare them for multiple supply disruption scenarios, and upgrading their infrastructure to improve supply chain resilience. During the Odette conference, I will discuss best practices in the automotive industry’s supply chain and examine strategies for increasing visibility throughout a manufacturing partner ecosystem.”
Fernandez’s presentation, “Increasing Resilience Against Supply Chain Disruption,” will explore how automotive companies are increasing supply chain resilience through operational changes and the better use of integrated technology and services including:
- Implementing better collaborative business practices
- Increasing visibility
- Increasing control and reducing risk
- Implementing control towers.
The Odette conference is an annual, international conference and exhibition for automotive supply chain professionals. It provides a unique opportunity to receive an update on the development and implementation of innovative supply chain solutions as well as a broader overview of trends in the global automotive sector.Fernandez is the vice president of Avnet Velocity, EMEA, a global supply chain solutions division of Avnet. He is responsible for business development, as well as implementing and managing supply chain solutions for Avnet, Inc.'s partners in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Having started his career in electronics engineering, Fernandez has held multiple positions in sales and marketing management within the electronics industry and has implemented numerous successful global supply chain and logistics programs. Based in Paris, he is also vice president of the SPDEI, the French Electronics Distribution Trade Association.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV