Aetna (NYSE: AET) today announced the launch of the Aetna Fitness SM Reimbursement Program. The program allows Aetna members to get money back for a wide range of activities that can help them lead healthier lives, including:
- Gym membership fees and group exercise classes
- Personal Training
- Fitness equipment purchases
- Weight management and nutrition counseling services
The program was jointly designed with GlobalFit®, the nation’s leading provider of physical activity programs for businesses around the world. Aetna is the only national health insurer to work with GlobalFit on a reimbursement program of this magnitude. The program will begin on January 1, 2013 and is currently being offered to Aetna’s employer customers in National Accounts, Middle Markets and Public & Labor. Members will only be eligible for the program if their employer chooses to implement the Aetna Fitness Reimbursement Program.
“We know it is hard to stay healthy. The Aetna Fitness Reimbursement Program makes it easier for members to do the things that can help them be as healthy as possible,” said Susan Kosman, R.N., Aetna’s chief nursing officer. “Providing members with money back through this program helps address the financial challenge that people often face when they are trying to improve their health.”
Flexibility for Members and EmployersThe Aetna Fitness Reimbursement Program enables members to choose the approach to getting and staying healthy that best fits their lifestyle. Members will be reimbursed for different health and fitness purchases through the program and members can also save more money through a separate Aetna Fitness SM discount program. For more than a decade, Aetna members have benefited from savings on gym memberships and name-brand at-home fitness and nutrition products through GlobalFit’s Gym Network. The Aetna Fitness Reimbursement Program also gives employers the flexibility to customize parts of the program to fit their overall wellness strategy. For example, employers can select:
- The annual reimbursement amount for their employees;
- To make their employees’ spouses and dependents (age 16 and older) eligible for the program; and
- To offer the program to employees who may not be enrolled in an Aetna benefits plan.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts