Albemarle (ALB) is probably offering up the most straight forward setup of the day. You don't need to be a technical trader to figure out what's going on in shares of ALB -- one glance at this stock should tell you that sellers are definitively in control here.
Albemarle has been in a downtrending channel for the majority of 2012. That channel has provided a good yardstick for ALB's high probability price action as it moved lower over the course of the year. Right now, shares are testing resistance at the top of the channel -- while that may seem like a good thing for shareholders at first glance, it's not necessarily so.
Every time ALB has attempted to break out above the top of the channel in 2012, it's been shoved lower by sellers. And in the process, there have been ample bull traps for buyers who weren't cautious enough before they jumped onboard. If previous price action is any indication, more downside is the likely outcome right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV