Across the 16 states served by Regions Bank, thousands of people and hundreds of community organizations benefitted from bank associates who were dedicated to Sharing the Good in their local communities during the month of October.
Regions Bank observed Share the Good during October. Banker Latoya Ellis teaches a financial education class as part of the effort. (Photo: Business Wire)
During Share the Good, a company-wide focus on giving back to local communities through service, education, and volunteerism, Regions associates supported a variety of non-profits and community organizations, performed random acts of kindness, led financial education courses, provided helping hands to collect needed goods, food and supplies, and more.
“Being part of our community is about extending more than a hand with a check,” said Rick Swagler, head of Regions External Affairs. “It’s about providing hands, feet, expertise and experience, and it’s about associates making a difference and showing our appreciation for the relationship we have with the community.”
Now in its third year, Share the Good has allowed thousands of Regions associates to be more involved with their local communities. With hundreds of planned activities from Texas to Florida, highlights from this year’s effort included:
- More than 8,000 individuals received banker-led financial education instruction
- More than 4,000 books were collected for local agencies
- Some 3,500 meals were provided through community groups
- In North Central Alabama alone, bankers led more than 130 financial education courses
- Bankers provided free kids meals to 200 customers at a local restaurant in the West Coast of Florida.
- Bank associates in West Tennessee helped construct a new greenhouse for a local urban farm.
- In Georgia and Mississippi associates delivered hundreds of meals and volunteered at neighborhood food banks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV