AMSTERDAM, November 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier , a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announces its collaboration with the Dutch division of the Fulbright Center, a bi-national non-profit organization focused on enhancing the collaboration between the United States and the Netherlands in science.
The collaboration between Elsevier and the Dutch Fulbright Center aims to provide support and guidance to young researchers in the Netherlands in the broadest sense. Activities will range from providing advice in relation to writing and publishing research papers, networking, funding and career planning. Planned Elsevier- Fulbright activities are:
- Participation in Elsevier's Early Career Researcher Program; workshops in which young researchers are advised on how they can successfully write and publish their research papers and on how to get funding for conducting research abroad through a Fulbright scholarship.
- Sponsoring of two Elsevier / Fulbright PhD scholarships in 2013 (more information available at http://www.fulbright.nl).
- Providing free access to ScienceDirect and Scopus from 2013 onwards for Dutch Fulbright Scholars.
"A Fulbright scholarship stands for more than financial support alone. It provides guidance, opens doors to social events and other career-building activities," said Marcel Oomen, Director of the Dutch Fulbright Center. "Our participation in Elsevier's Early Career Researcher Program is a new part of our own program, as is the service that our grantees now have free access to ScienceDirect and Scopus. We are very happy to be working with Elsevier and hope it will enrich the experience of our grantees."Martin Tanke, Managing Director Journals at Elsevier, added, "In today's competitive academic world it is a challenge for young researchers to build a successful research career. At Elsevier we aim to provide optimal career guidance and support to researchers who want to build their careers more effectively." # # #
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV