Autodesk University-- Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), the leader in cloud-based design and engineering software, today announced Autodesk FormIt, a new free* mobile app that allows building design professionals to conceptualize, analyze, and share early design ideas and forms. Available on the iPad, FormIt allow users—at all levels of expertise—to capture building design ideas digitally and support a Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflow in the earliest stages of design. The announcement was made today at the main stage keynote at Autodesk University.
“Design professionals are increasingly working on the go and Autodesk FormIt helps them to capture building design concepts digitally anytime, anywhere ideas strike,” said Nicolas Mangon, senior director, AEC strategy and marketing, Autodesk. “Instead of scribbling these ideas and sketches on a napkin, FormIt lets users easily create designs on their iPad and then share them with other users through Autodesk 360 for further collaboration and analysis.”
Autodesk FormIt uses real-world site information to help users create forms in context and support early design decisions with real building data. Autodesk FormIt enables users to:
- Form expressive design ideas on mobile devices, and experience a continuous BIM workflow to desktop applications, such as Autodesk Revit and Vasari, which is now available as a public beta.
- Create forms from a gallery of shapes and manipulate designs using their hands for easy model changes.
- Easily access site information that allows them to set the exact project location and create design forms in context of the proposed building location.
- Make informed early design decisions by studying shadows using the location aware sub path tool; track gross building floor area as designs develop; and address easement and property line issues while exploring building footprints.
- Store and share designs to the cloud using Autodesk 360 web services**.
The Autodesk FormIt App is available for free worldwide exclusively from the App Store on iPad at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autodesk-formit/id575282599?mt=8&ls=1. For more information on Autodesk FormIt and other Autodesk mobile apps, please visit http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=16953811About Autodesk University Now in its 20th year, Autodesk University is the annual series of Autodesk in-person and virtual user conferences, which include the flagship Autodesk University event in Las Vegas, as well as international events including Autodesk University Japan, Brazil, Russia, Germany and China. Associated online content is available through Autodesk University Virtual. The 2012 events will bring together over 70,000 designers, engineers, architects and digital artists to Learn, Connect and Explore. More information is available at the Autodesk University web site. About Autodesk Autodesk, Inc., is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. Customers across the manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, and media and entertainment industries -- including the last 17 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects -- use Autodesk software to design, visualize and simulate their ideas. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software for global markets. For additional information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com. * Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies the software. ** Visit https://360.autodesk.com to learn about setting up an Autodesk 360 account. Currently, all customers who have an active Autodesk 360 account are eligible to receive 3GB of free storage and a collaboration workspace. For customers who have active Autodesk Subscription, additional Autodesk 360 features and benefits may apply. Autodesk, AutoCAD, and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2012 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV