ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVNR) today announced preliminary results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Based on preliminary results for the fourth fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2012, Avanir estimates:
- Gross revenue for NUEDEXTA® of $15.4 million, representing an increase of approximately 26% over the prior quarter
- Total operating expenses, excluding cost of product sales and non-cash items such as share-based compensation, depreciation and amortization, between $21.7 to $22.2 million
- More than 11,000 total prescriptions for the month of October 2012
- Cash, cash equivalents and investments in securities totaling approximately $72.1 million, including cash and cash equivalents of approximately $69.8 million and restricted investments in securities of approximately $2.3 million
"We are delighted with the progress that we continue to make on a quarterly basis with our commercial efforts around NUEDEXTA," said Keith Katkin, president and CEO of Avanir. "Additionally, the team continues to be cost conscious and I anticipate that we will report total year operating expenses, excluding cost of product sales and non-cash items such as share-based compensation, depreciation and amortization at the lower end of our $94 to $96 million guidance."Clinical Update The company also announced that it has initiated the first-in-human Phase I clinical trial of AVP-786 (formerly known as deuterated dextromethorphan). The trial is designed to assess the single and multiple dose pharmacokinetics, safety and tolerability of AVP-786 administered to healthy subjects. Approximately 40 subjects will be enrolled in this randomized crossover study to compare multiple dose levels of AVP-786 (alone and in combination with quinidine) with dextromethorphan/quinidine. The pharmacokinetic study of AVP-786 is expected to be completed in the first calendar quarter of 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts