Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) marked another key milestone in its support of government-funded oncology research with Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, starting its 33 rd electronic study running on Medidata’s clinical development technology. With funding from the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, the Princess Margaret at Toronto’s University Health Network has built a standardized clinical database and data management service in support of the largest drug development program in Canada and one of the top 10 programs worldwide.
- “Medidata has helped us upgrade the quality and availability of clinical research data and reduced the expense and time associated with cleaning data when studies are analyzed,” said Amit Oza, MD, medical director, Cancer Clinical Research Unit, and co-director, Bras Family Drug Development Program, at the Princess Margaret. Dr. Oza is also a professor of medicine at the University of Toronto. “We’ve built capabilities with Medidata in this area that put the Princess Margaret on par with some of the leading pharma organizations in the world and ensures that the important data that patients volunteer is used as effectively as possible.”
Medidata Rave is a web-based SaaS solution for electronic data capture, management and reporting that is instantly and securely accessible, and designed to ensure that high-quality data is available for analysis rapidly and cost effectively. With support from Medidata’s Knowledge Transfer program, the Princess Margaret built a team of eight study designers and builders that are extremely efficient at setting up new studies, ensuring high quality data is available for analysis and making query resolution cost efficient and timely. Rave’s intelligently designed study build tool, Architect, features a complete set of capabilities that enable study teams with research and data management backgrounds, not programming skills, to build and deploy studies themselves, supporting faster and more seamless study starts.
Important for the critical oncology research underway in academic and government institutions globally, Medidata Rave is 21 CFR Part 11 and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliant. Powerful, standards-based web services application programming interfaces (APIs) facilitate rapid integration with other systems, including National Cancer Institute (NCI) systems and databases, to support advanced workflows, analysis, reporting and migration of data from existing clinical databases.
- “Medidata is extremely proud of its role in helping research organizations across the globe with the complex task of efficiently developing innovative cancer treatments,” said Tarek Sherif, CEO, Medidata Solutions. ”Over a decade of experience, dedication and continuous enhancement have gone into creating a platform that maximizes research team productivity and helps ensure government and private research funding is used as effectively as possible.”
Connect with Medidata:
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: Congrats to @thePMCF for running their 33rd study on the @Medidata platform, streamlining cancer research http://bit.ly/UTGYLv
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts