When IT issues arise, business personnel are frequently left in the dark with no control over the situation or its impact. Addressing the problem, BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) reinvented the way IT automates business processes with the new BMC Control-M Workload Automation version 8 solution. The software gives business users the access and control they need to quickly make decisions that propel business – anytime, anywhere. See the video overview.
“When I first introduced [BMC Software’s new Control-M V8] to our users, they were blown away with how simple it looks and how easy it is for them to use,” said Dax Johnson, lead technical architect, University of California, Berkeley. “It’s going to take less time for us to train and that helps them do their regular day jobs.” See video testimonial.
Workload automation is the “nerve center” of every modern business. It moves funds between financial institutions around the globe; controls information exchange between airlines; and even helps hospitals manage patient records, surgery schedules and more. By streamlining processes, it plays a critical role in overcoming the complexity of today’s data centers, which are frequently a disparate mix of cloud, distributed, virtual and mainframe systems.
“Organizations are increasingly using automation to automate business processes to compete and differentiate their products, also to lower costs and improve quality at the same time,” said Milind Govekar, Managing Vice President, Gartner, Inc. “While workload automation was once about coordinating the backend of business processes, new mobility and self service capabilities are now enabling business users to play a more active role in ensuring business runs smoothly.”The BMC Control-M Workload Automation version 8 solution delivers new features and functionality that empower both business and IT teams to more easily automate and manage all business processes from a single point of control:
- Speed business and improve service with a new user interface. The redesigned interface makes managing complex, time-sensitive business processes easier – from planning, to execution, to monitoring and analysis. It delivers a management focal point that allows IT and business users to easily stay connected to the processes that run their business, anytime from anywhere via a web browser or app for iOS or Android devices. Self service features give users access to system performance and forecasting information, also delivering early warnings of potential issues. Users can adjust parameters in real time to mitigate the impact on business.
- Simplify team coordination with collaboration tools. In most organizations, a single business process requires input from multiple IT and business constituents, and coordination is frequently inefficient. New virtual workspaces allow teams from diverse disciplines that span the globe to easily collaborate during the creation and maintenance of business processes.
- Reduce costs with increased performance. The BMC Control-M Workload Automation version 8 solution is able to support up to five times the business process throughput so that IT can execute jobs faster using less server capacity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV