HOLMDEL, N.J., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vonage Holdings Corp. (NYSE: VG), a leading provider of communication services connecting people through cloud-connected devices worldwide, today announced the grant of three new patents.
"These new patents relate to diverse areas of our business, covering device recognition, customized routing, and 'click to call' functionality, highlighting the breadth of our innovative efforts," said Chief Legal Officer Kurt M. Rogers. "The issuance of these patents caps Vonage's most productive year to date in growing our patent portfolio."
- On November 6, 2012, Vonage was issued U.S. Pat. No. 8,306,202, "Method and System for Customized Caller Identification." The patented invention allows a user of a telephony system to set up customized caller ID and call routing instructions for different contacts. These different instructions may be set up for both inbound and outbound calls.
- On November 6, 2012, Vonage was issued U.S. Pat. No. 8,305,933, "Method and Apparatus for Detecting Devices on a Local Area Network." The patented invention allows a host computer to communicate with any VoIP device on the network, facilitating discovery and installation of the device regardless of the device's location, for example, behind a router.
- Finally, today, Vonage was issued U.S. Pat. No. 8,320,543, "System for Effecting a Telephone Call Over a Computer Network Without Alphanumeric Keypad Operation." The patented invention provides a method for enabling users of a VoIP telephony system to place calls using a web browser or other Internet-capable software instead of an alphanumeric keypad on a conventional phone.
These three new patents are in addition to the four patents granted to Vonage earlier this year by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Vonage now has 18 U.S. patents with more than 110 U.S. patent applications pending, along with numerous foreign patents and pending applications in many jurisdictions worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV