- On November 6, 2012, Vonage was issued U.S. Pat. No. 8,306,202, "Method and System for Customized Caller Identification." The patented invention allows a user of a telephony system to set up customized caller ID and call routing instructions for different contacts. These different instructions may be set up for both inbound and outbound calls.
- On November 6, 2012, Vonage was issued U.S. Pat. No. 8,305,933, "Method and Apparatus for Detecting Devices on a Local Area Network." The patented invention allows a host computer to communicate with any VoIP device on the network, facilitating discovery and installation of the device regardless of the device's location, for example, behind a router.
- Finally, today, Vonage was issued U.S. Pat. No. 8,320,543, "System for Effecting a Telephone Call Over a Computer Network Without Alphanumeric Keypad Operation." The patented invention provides a method for enabling users of a VoIP telephony system to place calls using a web browser or other Internet-capable software instead of an alphanumeric keypad on a conventional phone.
Vonage Granted Three New Patents By U.S. Patent And Trademark Office
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts